So I am only a month behind here but I finally downloaded pictures from Chase's first day of school. I think the adjustment was harder on me. Actually I know it has been harder on me! Chase is doing awesome! He rides the bus to and from school... this is way cool apparently. His teacher, Ms. Scaccia, has taken a liking to him as well as the assistant Ms. Elder. I am adjusting to the lack of communication from public school. Total night and day difference from his private church preschool. I am learning to let go a little. It's hard stuff!Here are a few pictures. First morning with Ellie before the bus.
Heading to the bus stop with his green lightening backpack.
Getting on the bus the first day.
All smiles coming home!
I have already seen so many changes in Chase. He is much more independent. He's working hard to figure out how to make friends and socialize with different types of kids and adults. He has a girlfriend now, Megan, who apparently likes tuna salad and is "really cute". He also had decided he needs the Wii (however you spell it).I was much more emotional than I thought I would be. This is a huge step! This meant he will never be home with me on the weekdays. I look in the backseat and see his car seat while Ellie and I are running errands and I feel a little empty. I was feeling blue and then I remembered we have summer every year! Oh it's hard to grow up! But it's much much much harder to let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment