Saturday, August 4, 2007

Where did July go?

I guess I don't have to tell you that I have been very slack at adding pictures. I just realized that there were no entries for July! And what a chuck full of stuff month it was! I could blame it on the kids getting sick that overtook everything for about a week or my computer being out of commission but honestly that wasn't more than a week either. Anyway, July sure did fly, but here is a quick recap of some of the highlights...



First off, I finally got a t-shirt! For the Peachtree Road Race that is! After living in Atlanta since I was 8 I finally got a number (thank you Nat & Jim) and ran the largest 10K in the world down Peachtree Street. It was an incredible experience and one I hope to repeat!




Afterwards, I met Dusty, the kids, and friends at Mandy's pool for a cookout and some swimming. Dusty took the kids to a 4th of July bike parade while I was running to start off their day.














It was Ellie's first 4th of July this year and she really seemed to enjoy herself!



We ended up back at our house after swimming to rest and so Dusty could nap because taking care of two kids all day is way more exhausting than getting up at 4am to run a 10K. Right?



We ditched our friends (sorry guys) to make sure Ellie saw fireworks on her first 4th and met my parents and Melissa at Will's Park. It ended up being a great night and both kids loved the show. Ellie wasn't even scared of the noise and tried to reach for the lights as each firework went off.


Here are a few pics from the fireworks...









Although the kids were exhausted after the 4th, the large bags under Chase's eyes foreshadow the events to follow. Chase ended up coming down with a nasty bug the following weekend which was diagnosed as an Adnoid Virus that led to a nasty secondary infection and warranted one ER visit, 4 visits to the pediatrician, 2 full blood cultures at Scottish Rite Childrens Hospital, 2 horse shots of antibiotics in his legs, and then another round of antibiotics to make sure all the germies were gone. Ellie, unluckily being related to Chase, was tortured with a round of bloodwork herself when her temp rose to 103 but luckily she only had a quick bout of the virus and no infection. We were quite done with the childrens hospital after a week and broke from the copays and toy bribery. All of this sickness meant that I missed my girls beach weekend to Hilton Head. Super sucky but I won't go there.

Let's see, July also included another week of Bible Camp for Chase at his preschool, Alpharetta Presbyterian. The theme was "Secret Agents of God" and included song and dance with dark shades and making of secret briefcases. He had a blast with his friends and learned cool new songs which he performed on the last day of camp.


Ellie also learned a few tricks of her own this month like crawling up the stairs...

She is now successfully chasing cat, cruising like an expert, and starting to let go of her props to stand momentarily all by herself! She is so big! I can't believe I will be soon planning her first birthday.

Speaking of birthdays, Chase's best friend Beau, turned 4 in July too. We celebrated at a pool party at Nat's and the kids had a blast. Who wouldn't at a party that lasts from 2pm until 10pm when you're 4! Here are Beau, Livi, Chase and Carmella with Beau's big gift. Trouble!

The biggest thing of all though that happened this month was Dusty's Mom and mine too, Dianne (otherwise known as "Dede") , putting her house on the market to move to Denver. We blinked and it sold and before anyone knew it she was buying a condo in Denver and planning her big move. Being out of your house in 14 days is quite a feat! She spent a few days with us before she left and she is already greatly missed but we are so glad she loves her new place and is with Heather in CO. She stayed in Chase's room while she was here and he got up this morning thinking he heard her. He really got used to having her around, as did Ellie. I was very spoiled in my ability to run and shower every morning without kids for a few days! Every night she was here she read to Chase until he fell asleep. It was pretty cute! I'm sure it will be a wonderful memory for both of them. We are looking forward to many visits!

1 comment:

StephB said...

Lovely photos and monthly recap. : )